I do, bitches! haha
So I decided to be (the only) goalie during scrimmage. The gear was quite difficult to put on haha XP Asked one of the girls who played goalie before to help me out. Got gloves and a goalie stick from Mike. Got on the ice.
Mm, so I don't remember if I've explained this yet, but I will now. The two sides are basically separated by jerseys. Light (white, yellow, orange) vs Dark (black, blue, teal). Or you could look at it as good vs evil :P Today, one of the blue jerseys played on the wrong side, so I had to watch out for him.
At first, I defended the goal against the dark side. But the players seemed to congregate at the opposite end of the rink a lot. So I switched over to the other goal and defended against the light side. And it ended up that the players would play at my original goal more often -__- So I didn't see the puck too often.
But I stayed where I was for the rest of class. I wanted a challenge. The light side players were better at offense. And they had two players that were just going at it hard. No offense to the dark side, but they weren't great at offense. Almost all of their shots went wide (or it seemed so from my perspective). Good defense though. And they usually got to the puck before the other team. And they went at the game hella hard too. Casey (sp?) actually broke her stick haha. I heard it, but I didn't see it.
So I'm pretty terrible at hockey, yeah? I've said so. I fall a lot. I can't keep up. So playing offense is out of the question for me (for now).
As goalie, I pretty much kick ass ^_^ haha just kidding. I still fell four or five times. But I only let one shot go in at the beginning. My excuse for that was I wasn't used to the goalie gear yet. Nor was I used to my glasses falling down (I let Raisa borrow my lanyard thing to keep up her glasses).
After that first shot, no more shots got past me hehe. I'm just full of surprises, you know. I just let you see me in real action once in a while or right at the very end when you don't expect to see me do shit :P
And I kept falling because, yes, I still have terrible balance. Also, because the force of a few of the shots were enough to knock me backward XP I wasn't crouching low enough, I guess. And wow, it is haaard to get back up when you fall. The shin guards kinda get in the way of getting up haha.
Man, I hella like being goalie. Get to see the whole scrimmage. I don't have to go anywhere fast :P And I get hella compliments at the end, even from Mike haha ^_^ That felt good. I should have been playing goalie weeks ago XP I've always been good at defense. I should have just done it. Too bad this was the last class.
Next semester, I'm definitely coming back to play goalie :D
Haha I'm surprised that I'm any good at goalie. I have a slow reaction time compared to most people. But I guess it's more like I slow down the puck in my mind ^_^ So Matrix-y.
Hmm, for some strange reason, my right ring finger is kinda numb, pins and needles -_- I don't know what I did to it. Maybe I fell on it, mm... I need a finger massage! haha
Anyway, yeah, I feel good. Thank goodness. Yesterday and this morning were quite bleh/grr. Hockey made my day. So yeah, next semester! Definitely my pick-me-up activity for Friday mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment