Thursday, March 26, 2009

How do you know one of your friends isn't suicidal?

I've been reading forums and stuff. There are a lot of people who make fun of those who commit or attempt suicide. They laugh and call them names. It pisses me off.

People need help.


If you're one of those who laugh, why? What's so funny about people who can't cope with their pain? What if one of your closest friends were having thoughts about suicide? Would you still be laughing? You might say none of your friends think those kinds of thoughts, but how would you know? You're too busy making fun of people to notice anything's wrong. And if your friend really does have those thoughts, why would he turn to you if he thinks you're gonna laugh at him too?

Depression can happen to anyone. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean that everyone else it affects is weak or is a loser or whatever. They've got problems, and they need help. Your friends need your help. (Btw, I see everyone as a potential friend. When you turn someone away because you think they're weak, then you are weak because you don't have the strength to help them.)


There are also people who say that the suicidal are self-centered or attention-whores. Some, maybe. Not all. If they wanted attention, the suicidal wouldn't succeed in killing themselves. Attention after death isn't really worth a damn to the dead. They're dead. For some people, they just want to get away from their pain. That's understandable. When we're in pain, we try to get away from the pain. You touch something that burns, you jerk your hand away immediately. That's a given. When life feels painful, death is the easiest "reaction."

I guess, we could also say that some suicides are to get attention, who really knows? Yeah, we have psychologists who might say that; but these are just assumptions or theories (A lot of what we say about things is assumption or theory, not undeniable truth). Attention, yeah, people might want others to finally notice their pain but only after they die. I don't know, seems to me that it depends on how and where they choose to die. Like, if they commit suicide in a public area, like a school, they seem to really want to say, "I couldn't take it anymore. See this? I'm dead. It's your/someone else's fault."

Of course, I'm just stating what I think. I don't know for sure. I've never known anyone who committed suicide. At least I don't think I have.

And it seems people tend to choose their final resting place to be where they experienced most of their pain. It seems rare that they choose to die where they felt at peace when they were alive. Of course, I'm only basing this off of the stories that have been publicized in the newspapers and such.

"Self-centered." Yeah. I guess we could call them that. They're only thinking about their pain. They're not thinking about other people's pain. But apparently, other people aren't thinking about the pain of the suicidal either. Emotional or psychological pain could be just as bad as the physical pain that people in third world countries endure. How would you know? Do you know the pain that either groups of people experience? The emotional, psychological, or physical? How can you compare one person's pain to another's?

People have different pain tolerances. Some people would prefer emotional pain to physical. Others, vice versa. You cannot say one person's suffering is worse than another's. You can't even say that one person's suffering is non-existent. Who are you to decide who really is feeling pain or not? It's not your pain. No one can decide your pain, so you shouldn't be saying crap about others'.


Sorry, I can't get everything out of my head onto the screen... ahh...


If we could prevent every possible suicide, would this be a happier world? Who knows? Would the pain all go away?

If we don't prevent suicides, would this be a happier world? Who knows? Happy people would stay alive, yeah? Wouldn't that be happier?


We all die sooner or later. What's so wrong about dying sooner rather than later? "You have your whole life ahead of you." What does that mean? Do you mean it when you say it?


Ahh, I give up. I don't know where I'm going with this. I started off being ticked about the mockers and the idiots. I just wished they would listen before they start insulting people they don't know. Mock your friends because your friends understand you. Don't mock strangers, they might kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment