Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A family of photographs? Photographs of a family?

So when I visited my brother a month ago, he promised me that once he got out, we would organize all of our family photos and put them into photo albums.

The reason they were unorganized is me :P When I was about eight or nine, I took out all the photos to look at them and didn't pay attention to where I put them. By the time I finally realized that I mixed things up, there was no way I could figure out which photos went with which. So I just gathered random pictures and put them in the same packets.

Now, ten years later, we finally decided to organize it all. Tony and I, brother and sister...

No, not really. Ever since he's gotten out, he's been busy either working or sleeping. When we did manage to find some time on Tuesday, most of the photos were already grouped correctly, and only Tony's baby photos were still unorganized. Tony ended up just looking at a few of his baby photos and laughing at mine XP

Today, we went to buy a photo album at Michael's. Enough for 200 4x6's. Then I drove him to work.

When I got home, I found out 200 is not enough. I felt bad because Tony chose the album. He liked the design. It's of a tree. I liked it too. But my mom didn't like how much it cost. So she took me to Walmart. But before we left, I texted Tony to tell him the sad news :( He was ok with it. So at Walmart, I got two albums, enough for 300 each. Plus one photo on each of the front covers.

When I got home, I sat down on the floor of my bedroom and finished up Tony's photos. Then I took the next two hours putting photos into the albums. I missed one photo in the first album :( I misread the year, dang it. Oh and the reason I took two hours to put in photos? Not because there were so many photos. Because I couldn't figure out when some of the photos were taken. I have a thing for chronology. This project irked me because half the photos don't have dates. So I had to guess, comparing faces and heights. For the most part, the albums are in order. At least grouped together perfectly. Not like mixing up birthday photos from fifteen years ago with those from ten years ago :)

As far as I can tell, we have at least 500 photos, including some non-family photos.

I still have two more sets of photos to add in, but those need Mother's approval, for I do not know if she wants those people in our albums haha.

I think the saddest part of this for me was that Tony's been too busy to take part in the little project :( I basically start school in four days. I wouldn't have time for this then. Nor would Tony, since he's always busy or tired now. I feel bad for doing everything, but I just didn't want to wait any longer. Because if I had, the photos would never be done.

Anyway, I noticed that my family didn't really smile in many of our photos. How sad. We looked either bored or angry. But at least we were good-looking. I was cute and chubby :P Now when I'm photographed, I just look geeky and chinky haha.

I wonder how we're gonna share the photos when we're older. Will we take turns holding the albums? Or will one of us keep it forever and the other look at it when visiting? We'll see.

Ah, I gotta remember to pay attention to the packet of negatives. If anything were to happen to the house, the photos will probably be the first things I go for. Well, hopefully. If they're not savable, I'll at least go for the negatives so we can reprint them.

Man, we're so digital now. No more negatives. It's all on SDs and flash. I guess it's more convenient this way, yeah? Mm.


Anyway, yeah, this is what I've been up to for the past three days. Fun stuff. Hope there's more fun stuff before school starts XD haha

No comments:

Post a Comment