Just another day of school... AAS wasn't all that interesting. Prof Doi likes to speak in tangents. Makes it difficult to write down notes.
In Social Dance, we began with basic steps. No Joelle. Just Oscar and other former dance students. Oscar separated our class into guys and girls. So for today, I practiced with guys.
And I'm so not getting the follower's part. At least not the turns. Very bad at pivoting haha. There are two pivots in a turn. I pivot too slowly and lose the beat. Though, I can follow the leader's steps pretty well. Nothing complicated for leaders yet.
So most of the guys I danced with were really nervous. Sweaty hands. Really gross XP I didn't even sweat that much, and I can be a pretty nervous person. Only three guys were calm and good. One was my classmate. Another was a former student. The last just knows how to dance, but he's trying to add the class. The rest of the guys aren't very good at initiating the turns. I already felt like I was leading them instead -_-
Starting Wednesday, I'm just gonna be a leader. Leader's moves seem simpler in a way. Of course, we haven't gotten very far. But I doubt I'd dance with many guys in the future anyway XP Besides, I'm not sure if I have the patience to let a guy learn how to lead me haha.
Oh, and yay, my duct taped shoes work well haha. But now, I have to keep duct tape on the bottom of my shoes. If I take them off, the soles will be too sticky to walk on.
Anyway, yeah, by the end of semester, I hope I will know the basic moves to the cha cha and swing. Can't wait for swing ^_^ Swing is awesome. Love the music, love the dancing. Big band music is always so energetic. And Lindy Hoppers are so frickin' fast and agile. Some crazy shit they pull off haha. Of course, I'm never gonna be doing any of that stuff. Just fun to watch. I could only dream of doing crazy moves and stunts like the pros haha. I could only wish.
So I'm gonna practice basic steps now. For both leader and follower just because I want to be somewhat well-rounded :P Or because I'm bored. Could be both.
Or I'm gonna go nap. I'm really tired. Grr, I have a long day tomorrow. Yay for 3-hour-long labs that never actually last that long. I'll probably stay on campus to check out the QTIP meeting. I'm sure I've mentioned the club before, yeah? Queers Thoughtfully Interrupting Prejudice. Fun name. Fun people, maybe. I need to network, make friends, etc etc. Gotta remember to bring food tomorrow or something.
Ah, what else? Oh yeah, a part of me kinda wishes all classes could be activities. Not just sitting around and talking. Action. Maybe I'd be motivated enough to do something more with myself.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment