So we went to a Toyota dealership on Whipple Road in Redwood City.
On the way there, we were in the carpool lane in D's van. Suddenly, we hear like a miniature crashing sound. I looked in the side rear view mirror (I was sitting in the passenger seat), but I didn't see anything. Of course, we were going at 75 mph. However, sitting all the way in the backseat, Tony yelled for D to exit off the freeway because he thought something might have fallen off of the van.
But D didn't pull over. He was asking Tony questions about why he should pull over first. About two miles after the initial suspicions, we finally pull off onto the shoulder of the freeway. Tony gets out of the van to check the vehicle. Turns out the front hubcap on the right side flew off :P
Once that thought registered in our brains, we laughed and continued to Redwood City. I hope the hubcap didn't hit another car :x That would suck.
Anyway, we got to the dealership. Saw the Avalons. Mother chose one. Some light green color. Very unique. The salesman was really nice. Filipino.
We made our offer. And by "we," I mean Tony, Mother, and D haha. Our offer was too low. The boss didn't want less than $32,000. Our offer didn't give them much profit. So we left after one more offer.
When we left, there were no hard feelings :) Besides, the guy wasn't getting a commission. He's got a nice salary instead haha.
Ah, so I forgot to mention that this afternoon I finally sold my textbooks :D Robert's Bookstore. Brought my textbooks and Tony's. The lady checked two different computers to see if I could sell any of it. All but two of my books were still in use. Only two of Tony's old textbooks are still being sold. I got $80 for those. Then another $10 for the store to recycle everything else. I mean I could have brought the other books to Beat the Bookstore and see if they would buy them, but whatever. No time. No care. So $90 in total. I'm pretty happy with that. Even though, knowing that we spent probably a thousand on all of them makes me sad. Oh well, better than no money back whatsoever. And the lady said that I got a lot more than she expected I would haha. Anyway, I think I'll remember to sell my textbooks as soon as I'm done with them. Finals weeks. Yeaah, how fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment