Saturday, August 29, 2009

Financial Aid 2009-2010

Did some math. Checked my student account. Turns out I don't get much financial aid this semester. I didn't even notice.

Last year, I received two checks. So I thought it would be the same this year.

My tuition is about $2700 this semester. My aid money was about $3100. I only got a $437 check. It's the only check I'm getting for this semester.

However, next semester, I'm apparently getting about $8000 in aid. But since SJSU tuition goes up ten percent every semester (and it might go up even more), my tuition would be about $3000. So my reimbursement would be about $5000. This is only because I'm getting CAL Grant B next semester. Could really use some of that this semester. I mean the $437 barely pays for my books but doesn't fully cover my hockey class.

Anyway, Mother is bothering me so much right now, telling me to find a job. It's so annoying. And she has to do this every time I decide I'm going to go look for a job. Every single fuckin time. Always makes me change my mind. So I'm not gonna start looking. I'm so spiteful. If she would just shut up, I would actually try. I hate doing things that people order me to do. If she could learn to ask or politely suggest, I'd listen. But no, just orders. Can't she just let it be my decision instead of hers? No, everything has to be her decision. Grr.

1 comment:

  1. i'm taking out a couple of non-subsidized loans for the first time.

    ReplyDelete