"Yes Man" is pretty awesome haha. 8/10. When I first read the summary of the movie, I honestly didn't think I would like the movie. But it was pretty quirky, touching, and entertaining. Jim Carrey usually plays the same kinda guy in all his movies, and I usually get tired of him being the same guy. But he made it work in this movie as Carl. Not as far out as some of his previous characters, I think. Seems like it anyway.
My favorite scene is the "Jumper" scene :) It was just full of awesome haha. And I love how everything Carl says yes to benefits him and everyone else in some way in the end.
This movie makes you think life can be worth living -nods- Yeah, there's a love story in there. With Allison played by Zooey Deschanel (from "Bridge to Terabithia" and "(500) Days of Summer" :D). But I wasn't too focused on that storyline. Though, I did love Allison's personality.
Anyway, I like this movie. A feel-good movie, yeah? Live life. Enjoy it. Don't be afraid to take chances. Some calculated, some spontaneous. Doesn't matter. Just take 'em.
Haha I wish I could do that. I wish I would let myself do that. Maybe that's why I like this movie. I want to take chances, but I'm just afraid ^_^; Just say no. But I should say yes. This movie is kinda like a driving force for impressionable people to go out and live. Glad I'm not impressionable XP
"Rent" wasn't as spectacular as I thought it would be, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. 7/10. And I can't believe Stephen Chbosky was the screenplay writer. Perks! :D
The songs were great, but some of them didn't really jibe with me. I think if I just listen to the songs a few more times, I'll end up liking them enough haha. Not really sure I like Roger's voice XP Collins' voice, on the other hand, is just amazing. My two favorite songs are "Finale B" (better known as "No Day But Today") and "I'll Cover You." "La Vie Boheme" is pretty catchy itself :P
And you know, I can't believe the guy who plays Collins was Detective Green from "Law and Order" :D That's just so awesome haha.... And Rosario Dawson's performance in the movie was interesting. Didn't really like Mimi (Dawson's character) at first, but then she grew on me when she sang "Another Day" with Roger :P
Hm, I didn't cry at any point during the movie, which I had expected to. I wanted to, but I couldn't. A couple of sad scenes that touched me, but I just didn't connect with the characters very strongly. The funeral, Collins, and a lot of other things made me hella sad or even upset, but I couldn't cry for any of it. Though, those scenes sure put a weight on me haha.
Generally an uplifting movie. I will probably watch it again with my friends at some point, since you guys seem to love it so much :P and you'll probably want me to learn the words, so we can randomly burst out into song. All I can say is I'll try haha...
I feel like I'm watching too many movies XP but I don't know what else to do. I keep putting off reading Brother Odd. I must continue. And I must continue "Code Geass" too. I've forgotten about it >_> and Alex and Jeisun are probably still planning on doing that cosplay next year. They want me to be epic -_- As long as epic won't cost me too much, ok, I guess. Haha I just checked my wallet. I only have $8. Brother borrowed everything else. To buy xmas presents for coworkers and friends. So it's all good.
Anyway, seriously, does anyone wanna have a movie marathon or something? I'm kinda getting tired of watching all these movies by myself :/ I mean, I don't watch movies with Mother. Brother is always either working, partying, or sleeping. I'd watch a movie with D, but he's not around much obviously. And I know I don't really make an effort to see people anymore, but if you just invite me, I will always try. I just can't plan anything myself haha.
Yeah. Ok. Hope you're having oodles of fun this break before you go back to school next weekend XP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment