Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Avatar, the movie

Entertaining, yes. Touching, maybe. Worth $13.50 for 3D, no.

I give it 7.5 or 8 out of 10. I haven't really decided, and yes there's a difference between 7.5 and 8. I liked it, but I thought the plot would be a lil bit more unpredictable. The movie had stereotypical characters. Or just characters that followed a stereotypical progress (you know, getting from ignorance to awareness). There was action, but I suppose not enough to satisfy the action junkie side of me :P

The CGI was quite amazing though. I also didn't know beforehand that this movie would be part live action, part CGI. I had thought it was going to be completely CGI. Anyway, the scenery and the fauna were just amazing and entrancing. This is where the 3D impressed me most. The panoramic view was just wow haha. The flora and fauna were so cool haha. I love that the plants light up upon touch. Just wonderful, you would never be alone in the dark.

I also didn't know that Sigourney Weaver was gonna be in this movie :D That was a pleasant surprise. I generally love the movies that she is in. Mm, Michelle Rodriguez was cool too. Though, I felt that her character Trudy added very little to the movie. Still, it's nice to know there are people/characters (aside from "treehuggers") who have consciences.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It almost made me cry at one point. But really, I think it was just that one scene of destruction that tore at me. Mm, I liked how the Na'vi (I forgot what they actually call themselves >_> it was a really long word) are connected to each other and the world around them. A sense of unity and serenity. Contrasts greatly with the imperial/enterprising side of human nature. I'm sure that was definitely one of the purposes of the movie :P If it wasn't obvious enough. I think all the morals that you would/should learn from this movie are more than obvious. Kinda just thrown in your face, like Disney movies do.

Really though, it's a great movie. I just wouldn't suggest you watch it in 3D unless you wanted to see the amazing scenery through 3D. Oh yeah, the 3D was also pretty cool when you're looking from the perspective of the soldiers in their suits -nods-

Ah, there's much more I could say about what I like, but I need to stop and go to bed.


Oh, but yeah, I saw the movie with Alex D, Le, Randy, Andrew, Kat, Yohsuke(sp? Kat's bf),
Jamila + her two cousins, Zameel, and his girlfriend. Hadn't seen any of these people for a while. Ranging from months to over a year ago :O Didn't get to talk to Jamila too much :/ Next time we chill will be full of conversation, mm hmm.

Anyway, after the movie, some of us headed over to Andrew's to play Rumbajub (that's what it sounds like they were saying). Actually called Rummikub. Kiet also joined us. The game was interesting. So sad that I had to leave after the first game, but I had promised Mother that I would be home before 1. I'll come back for more sometime this week >_> I must plaayyy >_< !! Withdrawal! After just one game, ahhh. Why, Andrew, whhyyy?? A pretty good night. Ok day/morning/afternoon that I don't really remember. I got stuff done though, I'm sure.
Not sure how the rest of my break's gonna be. I really need to do more than just sit in front of the computer. Maybe get a headstart on those resolutions XP Need to get out -_-

Ok, I should probably get to bed now haha. Hmm, what other movies should I go watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment