Monday, September 21, 2009

Why do only my socks disappear?

My mom and brother never lose their socks. Mine seem to go missing at least once a month. And I don't have many pairs of socks.

Currently, my latest absent sock has been missing for about a week now. I know it went in the washing machine. However, I didn't witness its transfer to the dryer. Somewhere in between washing and drying, it just disappeared. I'm worried. I've never had a sock go missing this long before. Two days, tops. Usually found clinging to the inside of the washing machine or inside a pant leg.

I've checked the machines and my clothes. No sign of the sock anywhere.

I have come to two possible but discouraging conclusions: One, my sock ran away. Two, it has been taken. Either way, it is gone out of my life. I'm actually quite sad about it. I have a sock that is missing its partner :( A lonely sock. I may have to discard it. But if I do and then the missing sock is found, then the situation is no better.

What a dilemma.


Seriously, I am irked by this mystery. I want my sock back.

No comments:

Post a Comment