So I danced as a leader today. That was interesting. Some of the girls were cool with it. A few I could tell they were bothered by it. They had a blank-stare kinda look when I partnered with them (We dance in a circle and switch partners about every thirty seconds).
I have to admit it is awkward for me to even be dancing with anyone, let alone girls haha. And a lot of them are taller than me, so it was hard for me to turn them XP
So we learned how to chase and do a crossover. Fun stuff. I need to work on a lot. My feet and my brain don't always agree. Usually, it's when my left foot should go forward. Instead, my right foot goes, and I lose my balance XP I'll work on it. I need to work on my sense of rhythm as well haha.
Oh, practicing steps with a partner is a lot easier than practicing alone. Just saying. Alone, you can get the basic steps. With a partner, things just make more sense haha.
Mm, I'm trying to talk to some people in my class when we're dancing. Some are conversational. Some are nice. And some just don't seem to give a shit. I don't know if it's me or if it's because it's the second week of school. I hope it's the latter. I want to make friends. C'mon, people, work with me here T_T I'm so alone in that class. I mean, Cody Jackson isn't even there anymore. I don't think any of the students who wanted to add got in :/ Sucks 'cause one of them was really cool. Though, I thought she was already in the class -shrug-
Should I try harder to talk to people? The thought still scares me: starting conversations with strangers. I've done it before, and I'm sure I could do it again. Successfully. It's just I don't like it when people look at me like I'm too weird to talk to :( Makes me feel even sadder than I already do.
Mm, so I haven't had any homework except for lots of reading. It's relaxing in a way, but I'm worried about when the profs start assigning essays. Not sure how prepared I'll be. Oh, and yay. I'm taking the WST (Writing Skills Test) on the 26th. Fun stuff. I hope I pass. It would suck if I didn't. But even if I pass, I still can't take upper division courses. Grr. We'll see how I work this all out in the future. I just hope I can deal. I feel like stress is just gonna jump out of nowhere and strangle me to death. Not a good feeling. It's almost like paranoia.
Edit: I forgot to mention that Tuan had called me last night, and I called him back today. He offered me a job. I asked him what the company was called. He gave me the same answers Maria gave me back in January. Is this what the company trains you to do? Avoid giving direct answers to questions. While I was on the light rail home with Amy, Michelle R, and Anthony(?), I had like a six-minute argument with Tuan on the phone about why I don't like direct marketing, MLMs, and the idea of working for Usana. Why this company is not compatible with me is that you need the motivation to sell and recruit. I can't without qualms sell expensive health products and recruit friends into a business where the potential for failure is higher than it is in a job where you have a set wage. I would choose a wage over commissions any day. And although MLMs aren't always a Ponzi scheme, there are some parallels between the scheme and the structure of MLMs. I don't like that risk. Besides, I am definitely not entertained by the idea of selling fucking expensive products to people, especially during a recession (even though it's slowly getting better).
I don't think I would ever go into business. It's just not in my nature :P haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment