After my classes today, I stayed back for a Q&A (Queer & Asian) meeting. Small group. Well, new group. But yeah. About 12 people showed up, which is pretty good for a new club. And most of them are in QTIP, so I recognized most of them.
Icebreaker: Two Lies and a Truth. Can you guess my truth?
I have an IQ of 142.
I have never dated or kissed anyone.
I have been shot at with a rifle.
:D If you know me well enough, you knew the answer as soon as I said it hahaha.
The group thought it was the third one. I guess I just give off that dangerous aura ^_^ Haha nah, they chose that one 'cause it was so out there. But no, I've only been chased by a man holding a rifle when I was in the fourth grade. Of course, it could just have been a very vivid dream that turned into a faux memory. Who knows? :P
Anyway, we voted on an official club name: GPA, or Gay Pacific islanders & Asians. Not a perfect acronym, but we liked the letters. So stereotypical of Asians, yeah? haha It was originally Gay Pride Alliance, but we wanted it to focus more on Asians. So the second possibility was Gay Pride(ful) Asians. But that was just too cocky, I guess. There were other possibly names, but I don't really remember them.
We also discussed rules and goals. Fun stuff.
Oh, Carlo F brought food (spam and rice wrapped in seaweed, good stuff. Don't remember what he called it). And so did Ton (I think that's his name). He brought lumpia (I think that's how it's spelled). Good stuff.
Mm, so I think I'll try to stick with QTIP and GPA (gosh, that's so nerdy, huh?) for the semester. See how it all works out. Meetings every Tuesday and Wednesday, fun stuff. At least I'll make friends. That's the meaningful part.
Oh, and I'm getting better at the dancing :D Still some mistakes obviously, but I'm getting it. One of my classmates, Tatiana (again, I don't know if I spelled her name right), helped me out. She's chill. Doesn't mind that I'm a female leader, yay!
And yes, I'm still a lil bothered about those other two girls I mentioned (or just one girl). They both give me a look when I walk over to them. I don't like those looks. The least they could do is say they don't wanna dance with me. Maybe I should just ask them if they want me to pass when we rotate partners. I dunno. It's difficult to dance with uncomfortable people. Especially when you're not very good at dancing yet.
Anyway, I think it's time for me to eat something and go to bed. Yay for sleep.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
at ucla, we call it PAQ = pacific asian queers.
ReplyDeleteand the black one is blaque.
we like our q's.