So I took the light rail home with Amy, Christine, and Chris. We were talking about college and how lucky and grateful we are that we can go to college because we can pay for it (or, in my case, the government does). I expressed some guilt for getting financial aid while many others don't (because I don't even know if I want to be in college). We also talked about people who take their chances in life for granted. Or, more negatively, make so many mistakes that you must wonder what the hell is going through their head that would make them do stupid things.
Sitting in front of us, a blonde woman in her 30's or 40's turns around to "lecture" us. At first, we were confused because we didn't know what she was saying or to whom she was speaking. Then we realized she was talking to us, even though she wasn't facing us. I thought she was mad at us because we were talking about how lucky we were to be in college or something like that. I started to feel guilty because she said she and a lot of other people never got to go to college. However, the reason she never got to go to college was because they (don't know who "they" are, maybe the government) kidnapped her thirty times and relocated her to different camps or institutions around the country. She remembered one place in Utah. Some hospital. She recited the name of the place, but I don't remember. I was too busy being confused.
She rambled on about how she had to teach many different people (especially this one girl who was taken because no one "claimed her as their sister") how to escape from those camps because she had so much experience.
"Watch what you say. Say what you want to say. But don't say it in public."
"Don't have these conversations on the bus or the light rail."
"You think people don't hear you, but they hear you. They listen to your conversations."
"They can just take a microphone out of their ear and record everything you say."
"There are people who won't like what you say, and they'll take you. They'll just yank you right out and throw you into one of those [places]."
"I said my passport [password?] out loud twice. Twice. They took me and put me in a [place]."
I don't know what she actually called those places. I thought she was saying "cyborgs," but that doesn't make any sense. Not that anything she said really made sense. All I know is that she was scolding and warning us. And she wanted to save us from the same fate she has.
Seriously, at first, it sounded like she was angry at us for either having the chance to go to college or for talking about people who waste their chances. Then she just rambled.
Oh, when one red-headed guy was getting off the light rail, the woman pointed him out and said something about him texting. "See, you and your text messaging. They could follow you..." The guy just had a O_o look on his face and left.
Amy, Christine, Chris, and I just sat there. Quiet. They were texting people. I had to listen. Then, as Christine got off the light rail, I realized that I would be the last person in our group to get off the light rail. I didn't want to stay near the woman alone. So I asked Amy via unsent text if I could get a ride from her haha.
So when we got off at Snell, the woman also got off the light rail haha. What luck. Oh well. We walked slowly behind her so that she could move away from us first.
And yeah, yay for weird light rail strangers.
I don't know about the others, but I think that she's got some screws loose. Or, I don't know, someone dared her to be eccentric on the light rail.
Yeah, so today was interesting, to say the least. Other than the light rail lady, not much happened today.
AAS is as long as usual. I finished half a crossword puzzle in class haha.
In social dance, we worked on the turns, crossovers, and chases. We combined them. A little confused at first, but then I got the hang of it. Oh, and I'm going to revise my previous statement about the girls in my class: All but one (maybe two others) are comfortable dancing with me. I say this because after we finished practicing, she kinda pushed me away. When you let go of someone, you just kinda let your hands drop, yeah? She kinda just shoved my arms away as they were dropping. Of course, it could have been accidental, but she's the one who won't make small talk with me haha.
If she doesn't want to dance with me, I won't be offended. I think I'd prefer if she just say so. But eh, we're such a "nice" society.
Anyway, I'm kinda getting better. I can do the steps alone pretty well haha. With a partner, it's hit or miss. I succeeded with maybe six partners. The rest tended to step ahead of the beat. Some forget that I'm supposed to lead them. They turn and cross before I give them the signals because they're going early with the beat count rather than following my lead -_- But it's ok, we have weeks to improve. When there are no more beat counts, they'll have to follow better. And I'll hopefully be a better leader by then.
Mm, what else today? I went with Amy to Nob Hill haha. She bought brownie mix, icing, and a Thank-You card. Oh, and a beef stick. I can't say that with a straight face. That's why I call 'em Slim Jims.
So that's all. I really just wanted to update about the light rail lady haha. What a memory. Maybe I'll use it as an educational tale one day in the future. Include the story about the "PCP lady" from the Expo trip back in 2005 haha, yeaah. Fun stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment