Tuesday, September 15, 2009

O Captain! My Captain!

This entry actually has nothing to do with Walt Whitman or Abe Lincoln :P


Physics and Philosophy were chill today. Though, I don't remember much from Physics. In Philosophy, we started off talking about the Kanye West and Taylor Swift incident at the VMAs. Rude, no ettiquette. He has a right to his opinion, but he did not have to embarrass the winner on national television. She did not deserve that. And yes, Beyonce, class act.

We also talked about Annie Le, the murdered Yale student. Is it surprising that most of my classmates did not hear about her murder? Nope. Why? Because a lot of people my age don't read the news. They read gossip. They read Facebook status updates. Of course, they read Twitter updates. Seriously, the Kanye thing is bigger than any (relatively low-profile) murder case in the media. Yay for pop culture.

After class, I went to the LDS church again with Rose, Angela, and John. Didn't eat. Had interesting conversations about Kanye, the Annie Le case, and Patrick Swayze, among other topics. Rose played the piano. Then I left alone.

Yay for physics labs. Today's lab was simple, but the geometry (drawing scaled pictures of forces) took up a lot of our time. But my partner (Randall) and I finished early, so that was cool.

I sat at a bench and read my history homework until it was time for the QTIP meeting.

Introduced myself to Eve, QTIP's PR agent haha :P Had a cool conversation with Alex, the co-chair. Also some conversing with Tri and Vivi. Can you tell I'm trying really hard to remember their names? Haha I guess not, it's the Internet. But I'm trying really hard. I remember the faces really well, but names are elusive.

The icebreaker game was called O Captain! My Captain! (not sure if it's spelled that way) First thing I thought was "Are we gonna talk about Honest Abe?" haha. No, we didn't. It's like Simon Says. I tripped up twice, dang it.

Anyway, this Thursday (9/17), SJSU's Women's Basketball Team is having one of those lunch/dinner fundraisers. At Pasta Pomodoro (1205 The Alameda). If you're in SJ, help support, please :D You need to bring a flyer. Which I have. Thus, I can go with you or send you a copy of the flyer.

QTIP BBQ. Saturday, 9/19. @ 1230-1600. @ the bbq pit near the AS House. Free food. New friends. Gonna have ourselves a good time. Well, hopefully, I can go XP

National Coming Out Week (COW haha). In October. Gonna have a Ally Relay/Scavenger Hunt the week after. Or at least that's the plan.

Hmm, what else? Oh, I signed up for a dodgeball team :D Let's see how that works out. You know me and how I am with commitments haha. Or not. I don't commit. Yeaah.


Today was fun. I have one more chapter to read for tomorrow. But I probably won't read it tonight because I am waayyy exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment