So today, I went to the QTIP BBQ. Picked up Maggie from Dan's at 1230. Got to SJSU around 1250.
Not many people arrived yet. Maggie said hi to Steven P, whom she hadn't seen in a while. Stood around waiting for people to bring lighter fluid. Talked to Carlo F and Steven P a bit. Gave Matt C ten bucks as a donation to the club.
I talked to Maggie mostly because I'm lame like that haha. Too shy to talk to new people.
Around 1400, I drove Maggie back to Dan's and headed back to SJSU. I was not going to go home early. I was determined to talk to new people.
It was about 1420 when I got back to the BBQ. A lot of people showed up. They were already eating when I got there. Hamburgers, boca burgers, turkey burgers.
I ended up talking to two people the most: Cristina(?) and Craig(?). I may have misheard their names. I'm not sure. What I am sure of is our conversation was really interesting haha. Lot of random shizz, ranging from music to Shakespeare to gay stuff :P
Stayed and talk till 1610, after most people had already left (at like 1530).
Anyway, yeah, today was cool. Errr well, really hot but it was good for me. Yay, I officially made new friends. Woot woot. New friends who plan to kidnap me on November 18 so that I can live life haha. I'm sooo deprived of life.
But yeah, today was fun. New, good friends. I won't be so alone anymore haha. Yay for gay. I'm gonna have more than just a few gay friends :) I dunno, it just feels a little easier that way. People to talk to. People who have experienced things. People who can relate. I would like to have at least a new small network of close friends. My old network of friends isn't as strong as it used to be because we're all at different schools and we're all making new friends and lives.
It really is difficult to maintain your friendships from middle school and high school because you split up. You don't see everyone every day. But I hope, I hope, I hope that I will still have at least four good friends from high school by the time our ten- or twenty-year high school reunion comes around.
For now, I need to make new friends. I need to stop shutting out new people haha. It's something to work on. As difficult and personal-bubble-popping as that is, I will put myself out there for people to see. Slowly. I really want to have more friends that I can treat like family. It would be nice. And comforting.
Ah, wow, I am tired. But I gotta drive the brother to work. Downtown. Again. I've already driven to downtown twice today. Now, I have to drive there one more time. And possibly another time later tonight. Too much driving >_<>
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment