Saturday, September 26, 2009

WST: Take One

So I took the Writing Skills Test today. Got to campus at 1030. There was already a long line to get into Dudley Moorhead Hall.

Anyway, we did the essay first (some topic about wishes). Forty-five minutes. I think I did ok. Though, as I was finishing my second example, a Disney movie called "Wish Upon a Star," I thought of an even better (or easier) example, another Disney movie called "Model Behavior." Too bad I didn't have enough time to add it in. Oh well. I hope my essay is decent enough XP

The second part of testing was also forty-five minutes. The multiple choice. Seventy-two questions. People were right when they told me that it's just too many questions in too little time. You basically read passages and answer questions. After answering the second question, I realized I had made a mistake. I went back to erase my answer. As I was erasing, my eraser fell off of my mechanical pencil, and the pieces of lead inside fell out. I wasted a minute getting all my lead back :( But hey, I managed to finish marking my last answer just as the timer went off. Literally. Not even exaggerating. I was excited when that happened haha. It was like, "Oh my god! I almost didn't finish!"

I hate leaving blank answers, just so you know. But I don't like just marking random answers either. So I try really hard to speed up my pace when I start running out of time. Luckily, I thought the last couple of questions were some of the easiest ones. Whew. Haha.

I can't believe this took so long. Two forty-five-minute parts. But I was on campus for three hours -__- So hot too. No AC because DMH is so old.

Anyway, I hope there will not be a "WST: Take Two" entry. Don't want to take the test again. If I'm lucky, I might even be able to waive my 100W class. Once I choose a major, of course.

I wish I could say "no more testing," but my midterms start this upcoming week. Great. Fun. Yeah.

Now, I wish my weekend would reward me. Pleeeaaase.

No comments:

Post a Comment