Friday, September 11, 2009

How slippery

I don't like to lose control. I mean, I don't feel like I have much power over anything really in my life. But my sense of balance is one thing I can kinda control.

So today, during Hockey, I stayed off the ice for most of the class time >_< For the first ten minutes, I kept losing my balance, so I gave up. While the whole class was learning skating techniques, I just stood/sat and watched. The last ten to twenty minutes of class will always be free play. So the last ten minutes, I tried to skate one more time. Not much luck. I fell often. Really hard. I even hurt my back because I didn't fall properly.

And I need to go buy one of those lanyard things for my glasses. They kept sliding down, and I couldn't see anything.

What else? Oh, the reason I was so wobbly on my skates in the first place? My skate's were one size too big. I didn't know. I thought they were supposed to be a little loose. Maybe I'll be prepared next week haha.

Seriously though, today, I was embarrassed XP I thought I would remember something about skating from the fourth grade, but no, I didn't. There's like one other guy in my class who doesn't really know how to skate, but he tried.

Need to learn to let loose. Need to learn how to fall. Not be afraid. Very difficult when I've been taught to be very cautious. Like almost obnoxiously cautious. Take no risks. You would think my mom would teach to take risks. I mean, she took a really big risk with her life when she fled Viet Nam. I know, fleeing for your life and playing hockey are two totally different things. But I just wish she had taught me to do more. My life's been way too easy :/

Mm, so for most of the time that I spent on the ice, I was slipping and falling. I kept thinking, though, "Shit, I can't keep falling. I'll break my glasses if I fall too hard. If I break my glasses somehow, Mom's gonna kill me." I almost wanted to cry haha.

Oh, and I did cry a little. My sweat stung so badly. I didn't even know my sweat could sting.

Anyway, hopefully, I'll be a little more courageous next week XP Probably not, but I will try.

I'm hoping to go back tomorrow with someone to learn how to skate (don't know who if anyone yet). I was planning on doing that before school started, but I forgot. I just need some advice about how to stand and move forward. After I get the hang of that, I think I could catch up with hockey. Right now, I have no sense of balance.

And wow, do my ankles hurt! haha.

Anyway, tonight, I'm going to the Ballroom Dance Club lesson. Need to for class. Yay.

I should buy Febreze :P The hockey gear stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment