So I had hockey today. And I stayed on the ice the whole class period this time. But I still didn't participate in the instructor's activities.
I was still trying to stand and move forward. Still falling. A few of my female classmates helped me a little. I forgot to ask for their names, but at least I didn't forget to thank them XP Spent the whole time trying to move forward.
So things I've realized/figured/learned:
I should either stop wearing glasses or learn how to skate with foggy glasses (either way, I'm blind).
I need to keep my feet under me.
I need to bend my knees more.
I am now pro at getting up after falling down :P
I turn right a lot.
I need to work on my left leg (it explains why I keep turning right and falling).
You already know about my back and knee problems. So yeah, my back and knee hurt because I had to bend my knees and keep the position to skate.
At one point, I fell on my lower back. That was way painful. I couldn't get up immediately.
The reason I keep falling and turning right is because my left leg doesn't stay under me. If I try to stand still or even kick off a little, my left leg moves outward. I can't seem to make it go straight. My right leg is fine. I can stand and glide on my right leg pretty well. But as soon as I shift my weight to my left leg, my leg just decides to go to the left -_-
So yeah, I need to strengthen my left leg. Haha I was crying from the pain in my leg (and back). I had to stop so many times, so that my knee would stop feeling like it would pop out (reminds me of Franny). I'd stop, lean to my right, and kick with my left foot until the pain subsided. Then I'd go again. Back and forth at one end of the rink. Then I'd realize that whenever I kick with my left foot (to glide on my right), I don't lose my balance until I realize that my left leg doesn't want to lift up off the ice to go past my right foot. So basically, my left leg stays behind me until I start turning right. I need to figure out how to make my leg just move and not get stuck.
I think it was easier for me to learn how to skate when I was little because I didn't have any back or joint problems yet. Pressure points in my leg were lacking haha. Seriously though, I didn't think my knee would be such a problem for hockey -_- You know what? It's not a problem. It's an extra obstacle in the way of my learning how to skate. I'll work on it at my pace.
And, you know, you would think that the instructors would come over and help me a little. I mean, they said we didn't need skating experience. Wouldn't that mean they would, I dunno, teach those who don't know? Just some basic advice? Instead, a few of my awesome classmates helped me out. Of course, they can't help me out for long because they gotta participate in the activities.
I dunno. I'm just glad I can't fail this class. You don't even need to show up until finals. But of course, that would be a waste of $100 or $150. And, you know, I'm fuckin' poor; I'm not letting money go to waste. So who knows? Maybe I'll just spend this entire semester learning how to skate better haha. My instructors honestly don't care. They're just teaching those who can keep up.
Man, I should have gone ice skating over the summer, but noo I had to forget. Anyway, I wish the rink was colder. Maybe I wouldn't feel any pain, and it would be easier to just push on.
Anyone know how I can make my left leg stronger? I seriously can't put much weight on it. I can skate. I know I can. I've done it before. It's just this fuckin' leg won't... stay on course. Aahh, patience, patience. I'll get this.
Anyway, I think I need to go lie down, so my spine won't be so grr haha. And I still think I want someone to go to the rink with me and help me stabilize haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment