I haven't been updating about the first days of semester because I've been coming home around 18h00, 19h00, or 20h00. Just waayyy exhausted every day. Even though, I don't really do anything haha.
I'm sure there are a lot of things I want to remember about my first days of classes, but my head hurts too much to remember all of them -_-
Linguistics 20: Interesting professor. P Lowenberg. Tries a bit too hard to make the class laugh. But it's endearing haha. And sometimes, he really does say something funny. Though, he sure puts in quite a few sexual harrassment and "I'm a racist" jokes >_> haha. I think I'll enjoy this class, but we'll see. I've already finished the short homework for the class. I wish all my homework would be this easy XP
Sociology 1: I learned that it's going to be a mixed mode class (half the semester in the physical classroom, other half online). And I had to buy the textbook after all. Though, I actually bought the e-book with the access code to the MySocLab website. Fun stuff. Still haven't started on the work for this class D: But it's due Feb 9, so I should be ok.
Asian American Studies 33B: Same professors as last semester. Do and Doi. A bit more reading (still haven't finished it -_-). Same format. Not much to say, except that Do pretty much repeated his introduction from the Fall semester. Ah, also had to buy an extra book for this class because Spartan Bookstore didn't show the complete required reading list online -_- Also realized that I sold a book that I need for this class. Sold it two weeks ago for twenty dollars -_- I suppose I can just ask to borrow someone else's copy for three days when the time comes.
French 1B: Prof is L Pilot. Her last name is actually longer and hyphenated. But Pilot works. She's actually French :) We reviewed 1A stuff. I remember all of it from high school. Though, I forgot a few things, such as the word for "sweater" haha. I think the prof suggested we take an assessment in Clark Hall to determine our skill level in French, but I'm honestly too lazy to go. Though, I think my level of French is a bit more advanced than most of the other students'. I found myself correcting their grammatical and phonetic errors in my head. But I think I will like this class. I hope I will.
My classes seem to be interesting so far. However, there's also more work than I'm used to haha. I shouldn't have taken all those easy classes last semester XP Totally set myself up for a crash for this semester. I mean, it's still not that much work this semester, but it's way more than last semester. I'm not sure if I can still change gears, you know?
So since I get to campus by 9h00 in the morning and I leave campus around 17h00 or 18h00 in the evening, I've been trying to occupy my time with stuff.
Tuesday, I ran into Justina and talked to her for a while. I don't remember what I was doing before I talked to her though. From when I can remember until noon, I just chilled with Justina in the library. We talked about a whole bunch of things that I don't quite remember. But yay for long, rambling conversations that last for almost three hours.
At noon, I was going to walk around campus for fun -shrug- but I decided to call Rose to see if she was on campus. Church. haha. Of course, free food. She, Tommy, and I walked to the LDS church. When we were inside, John was crying :/ His uncle just recently passed away. It sucked to see John like that because I've always just seen him as the goofball. Never really saw the serious side of him, unless he was talking about photography. Ooh, he showed us his set from a recent Viet wedding he did. Apparently, the bride's family didn't like him because he was only part Asian, not pure XP
Hmm, after lunch, I went to Linguistics. After Linguistics, around 14h30 or so, I went to Shiva's room. Chilled with her and Brian L until 16h10. We watched anime haha. "Ghost Story" or something like that. Then I went to Sociology. Then QTIP, where members were just chillaxin' haha. Talking about break and whatnot. Sascha(sp?) is stepping down as co-chair, so Alex L is gonna be top dog from now on unless someone else steps up too. Mallory is also stepping down as co-secretary. Bunch of other stuff, but I don't remember -_-
Wednesday, AAS at 9h00. Got out a lil early around 10h00. Sat at a bench and did homework until 11h00. Called Shiva. She was in her hip hop dance class. I went to the class, sat on the side, and listened to Kieth Pinto talk to the class. He gave a lil demo of some dance moves. Not the best stuff I've seen (I mean, Ariane's crew has cleaner moves), but still good haha.
Ooh, I recognized like two or three students in the class haha. I think I wanna join the class just for fun. I'm not really sure yet. Honestly, I just wanna sit and watch. But I don't think I'm allowed to XP Not sure if I'm even allowed to join the class for fun without a grade haha. I mean, I remember students taking my PE classes last semester weren't actually ever in the classes. They were just there to learn for fun.
Anyway, after that class, I chilled with Shiva and Brian again. More anime, yay. Then French at 15h00. Then headed home around 17h00.
Today, I spent an hour and a half at a bench, reading for AAS. I didn't finish -_- but I was getting sleepy (two hours of sleep last night!!). Went to chill with Shiva for a lil bit. Left around 11h40 for the Event Center to go buy a book from someone for AAS. Ten bucks for a novel called Strangers from a Different Shore.
Walked down the Seventh Street Plaza and saw Brian L with the Formula vehicle from last year. Trying to recruit girls because his team is a total sausage fest (those were his words). He made a dollar ring and a diamond ring :P Cathy and Ton from Q&A stopped by to check out the car. Cathy wanted to stand on the car haha. She stood on a tire instead. Then we heard a crack. Didn't know what that was. Oh, I also looked through Brian's lil doodles and whatnot. Autobiographical art is always fun to look at and wonder about :P I want to hear him sing karaoke now haha.
Went to Linguistics. Got to know a fellow classmate a bit. Saki. Japanese, freshman, Leigh alum, switching from Graphic Design to CHAD. Yeah. I'm trying to remember people.
Lately, my memory's been quite... glitchy D: My sleep isn't getting any better. I think it might actually be getting worse. I go to bed around 23h00, but I can't fall asleep until midnight or later. It's been like this for at least three weeks. And when I do sleep, I don't get restful sleep. Dreams are bothering me. I wish I would stop having these dreams. They disturb me too much, and I don't even know why. They just do.
Anyway, after Linguistics, I went back to Brian. Shiva was there. Some conversation about Twilight O_o Oh, reminds me, Justina HATES Twilight. She will not be friends with anyone who does like Twilight ahaha. Such a passion in her rant, I actually believe her :P
Back to today haha, Shiva and I went to her apartment. Some food and talk (about clothes and high school). Brian joined us soon after. More anime. "Witch Hunter Robin." Small battle between Brian and Shiva. Such violent people. I'm afraid they might bring out the violent side of me that I long ago fought to suppress.
At 16h46, it was brought to my attention that I was late for class. I wanted to stay. Late is late. Doesn't even matter because it was Sociology (no roll call). Shiva and Brian made me leave. I left. Ten minutes later, I found out there was no class (I really need to print out my class syllabus). Another ten minutes later, I was back at Shiva's. More "Witch Hunter Robin." Interesting series. The artwork irks me a lil. Most of the characters are always pouting or appear to. Yet, they all lack emotion. Kinda seem bleak.
Oh, and there was a battle for my Fierce-Nice hat -__- They teamed up against me. That wasn't fair.
Mm, at one point, Brian and I started singing/saying lines from "The Internet Is for Porn" haha.
Ah, Brian showed some YouTube clips of Victor Borge, a comedian/pianist. Funny guy. You should watch the clips :)
What else? What else? Ahh, my brain hurts T-T
Oh, I followed Shiva and Brian as they prepared for Kendo. I carried Brian's shinai bag. There was a small group of club members outside the Spartan Complex. I recognized Ashley from dance class, though I'm not sure she remembered me. Mm, Sensei remembered me :P well, kinda, just as a guest who's a friend with someone in the club haha.
It was about 19h00, so I didn't stay. Sensei was saddened, hurt. His exact words, as I was leaving: "You sure know how to hurt a person, huh?" D: I told him I hadn't told Mother that I would be staying this long, so she was upset that I wasn't home yet (which is the truth). Said I would try to go next week.
Honestly, as interesting as kendo is, I don't think I would commit. Like I've said before, I don't commit to things. At the most, I would go watch. I like to watch. I'm a spectator/voyeur at heart haha :P Well, I mean, there are a few things that are holding me back, I suppose. All of them are really just based on one thing, but eh -shrug-
I talked about this with Harrison after I left the Spartan Complex. Always just this one thing. Ahh..
Anyway, yeah, Harrison's gonna be my light rail buddy again this semester haha. At least for the first half of it when it's still dark out as I go home. As soon as DST starts, I'll be all right haha. And if I can get the whole bike thing going, I'll be all right.
After three days of school/campus time, I am just friggin' tired. On campus all day, basically doing nothing but listening, getting to know people, and just sitting around. Well, I've been doing a lot of walking too. But yeah.
This major exhaustion is keeping me from doing all of my homework -__- I still need to read hella stuff, answer homework questions, and prepare for all the essays I have for this semester. Several essays, some long, some short. All in all, they're still essays -_- I don't wanna be thinking about them. But I am.
I'm wasting my on-campus time. But I can't focus on stuff because I'm tired from being on campus all day and not sleeping well at night. Just friggin' terrible. I need to adjust my routine or something. I dunno. Less chillin' with people, maybe :/ Well, less chillin' with Brian and Shiva haha. 'Cause almost none of my other friends are free during my breaks or they go home early :/ But I don't wanna chill less. I need to chill more XP
I need to fix my sleep schedule. I need to reorganize. Again -_- This time, I need to do a better job. I need a better routine. Need to commit haha.
Oh wow, I'm not sure if any of this made sense. All jumbled and whatever. My brain is not functioning well. Must be the lack of sleep. Shall go to sleep. And still wake up at 7. Or maybe just for this weekend, I'll wake up at 8 again. Just to regain some of that lost sleep. That's if I can sleep. I'm really tired. But agh, head not thinking well anymore T-T But but I'm still trying to think. I should give up. Too many thoughts rushing through my head for me to be coherent anymore. Am I repeating myself? I feel like I'm repeating myself. Blah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment