Friday, January 1, 2010

2010: "Twenty ten" or "Two thousand ten"

That seems to be the new debate of the year or something. According to NAGG (National Association of Good Grammar), it's supposed to be "twenty ten." But seriously, who friggin' cares? -__-


Anyway, last night/this morning was fun. I spent most of yesterday debating what I should do for the night. Decided I wouldn't go to Austin's party because, though I would have known more people there, I wasn't very close with any of them and I could see most of them at State. Decided not to hang out with Autumn :x because it seemed that no one else was going and Mother didn't want me to be downtown.

So by process of elimination, the logical conclusion was to go to Harrison's house. Though, I suppose I could have stayed home. That would have been logical too.

So how the night progressed, from leaving home to coming home:
First, I had to drive to East Side to drop off Brother's forgotten clothes at his friend's place. I didn't go straight to Harrison's afterward. Instead, I drove around downtown to waste some time because Harrison had to pick up his friends first. And damn, downtown was empty around 19h30-20h00.

Finally got a text from Harrison saying he was home, so I drove south. Got to his house around 20h20. Parked down the street.

So the party consisted mostly of Harrison's family, of course. Big Mexican families, you know. And three of Harrison's friends he knew from OG were there (Michael B, Anthony S, and Cindy L). And this was the turnout :P Maria didn't show up -_- Dang it. It's been almost a year since I last saw her. Anyway, the four of us were the only Asians in that house last night haha.

Let's see. Conversation revolved around actors and movies, horrors and thrillers. Lots of Mexican food. I didn't eat any because I always eat before I leave the house for a party or something haha. I'm weird like that. But I had some drink. I said I wouldn't touch alcohol, but I wanted to try some Baileys Irish Cream >_> Only 34 proof. Got like a shot's worth, mixed in root beer. About half an hour later, I tried a shot of Kahlua (40 proof). Again, mixed in root beer. Not strong stuff. And not a lot either. I was going to drive home. Yep. Barely any effect, just a tiny bit of warmth.

I had to mix in the root beer -_- I think I have an aversion now. From all the times I got sick from alcohol. I have an aversion not to alcohol but to the smell of alcohol. Seriously, one sniff and I feel nauseous now. And it's been a while since Halloween.

Anyway, after the food and drink, we all went upstairs to watch "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (though, only Anthony and Harrison really paid attention) and to play Uno. And Truth or Dare on the iTouch :D Played for a while. ToD wasn't that interesting. The Truth questions were lame XP The questions I had to answer: "What was your first kiss like?" and "Who is best dressed out of everyone in the room?" -_- My answers: "Never been kissed. Closest I've gotten was a girl gave me a kiss on the cheek" and "I am because my hat is awesome." Oh, you know which hat I was wearing ^__^

Took a break to sing Happy Birthday to Chris C (Harrison's brother, who looks nothing like him at all). Then back up to continue Uno.

At exactly 23h52, we went downstairs to the outside with Harrison's family. Waited, talked, laughed. There was no countdown D: I was saddened. But at exactly midnight, Harrison lit the first of the mini-sparkly-fireworks. Yeah, we all had our fun with the low-grade fireworks and sparklers haha. Ooh, and poppers, the ones that explode when you toss them at the ground or really any hard/semi-hard surface. Apparently, they can pop when you snap them as well.

We watched flare-like fireworks go into the air from different blocks. As we looked up at the blue moon, we all saw a visibly light ring around it. And Harrison began explaining the phenomenon.

A little while later, we saw something go across the sky. Harrison's cousins at first exclaimed that they were looking at a UFO. So the rest of us looked up. There was something bright orange in sky. It passed under the moon. Initially, some of us thought it was fireworks or something. But we decided that it was moving too slowly and too high to be one. It seemed to be going as fast as a plane that's about to land at the Mineta Airport. It could have been a lone meteor. But it wasn't a streak of light and it was visible for way too long. It looked more like a light from an airplane, but the light was too orange and a bit too wide. Then someone, remembering the attempted terrorist attack on Christmas day, suggested that it was an airplane on fire. It did look like it was going to drop toward the Earth once it had passed the moon for about six seconds. But it didn't. Instead, the bright orange started to flicker and then fizzled out. So it couldn't have been an airplane on fire, which wouldn't have sustained such a long length of time in the air.

Did you see this orange light in the sky? Neither a streak of light nor a burst of flame. Just a bright orange light that floated across the midnight sky.

Probably was a meteoroid.

Anyway, after all the meteoroid/sparkler fun, we went back inside. Back up to Harrison's room. Played Thirteen.

Then home at 01h30.

Last night was a lot more interesting than I made it seem haha. The conversations were just hilarious. Lots of innuendo and stuff haha. Oh yeah, Oliver (the puppy) kept biting my fingers and jacket -_- Anthony must have rubbed off his scent on me or something.


Ah, though not as packed as last year's New Year's party, I still had a lot of fun last night. Got to know three new people. Found out they all knew a few of my old friends from middle school :D I'm always excited by that haha. Meeting new friends who already know your other friends :P Small world. Such connectedness haha.

Anyway, yeah, good times, good times last night. New year now. Changes. Or improvements to be made. Started on my workout resolutions this morning ^_^ I'm proud of myself. Hopefully I stick to them this time haha.

And people, we need to chill this weekend before you all leave -nods-

And I'm already using up one hour of the Internet. Time for a break.

Happy 2010, folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment