You know, I realize on days that I plan to hang out with friends, I seem to waste all the time before I leave the house. Seriously, I don't do anything until I leave. It must be all the anticipation of seeing people haha.
Anyway, I left the house after 13h00, parked in the Convention Center parking lot, and walked down the street to the Center for the Performing Arts. I sat in front of the entrance and waited for Brian L to show up. He did. His friends didn't. We waited. They finally came about five minutes before the show was to start. So we rushed in.
Rushed introductions, only because I told Brian he should introduce his friends. So yeah, the friends were siblings, Anthony and Patricia. Cool people.
Our seats were in the balcony. We climbed over seats to get toward the center of the row (quite a few empty seats). The lights went out as Brian, who was in front of me, stepped down over a seat. I lost sight of him. Just followed the seats until I couldn't go any further. Sat down, realized I was not sitting next to Brian. He and his friends apparently had up over the seats another time. I couldn't see. Had to move my hand around in the dark to find Brian's hand to get up over the seat.
Haha when I had sat down in the wrong seat, the lady sitting next to me just looked at me like "Uh, hi. Who the f are you?" XP haha. How fun.
Anyway, we had made it in time for the start of the show. Yay! The lady that I had sat next to was somewhat tall, and she kept shifting her head -__- So I had to shift my view every couple of minutes to see the stage >_< Slightly frustrating, but the musical was just soo entertaining that it was all good haha.
Lots of laughter. I didn't miss any of the jokes, yay. Plenty of hilarious scenes. Some sad scenes. Great musical numbers. I'm going to download as soon as I can find them. Or I'll ask Brian to send them to me. Hm, the only song that I kinda knew the lyrics to was "The Internet Is for Porn" :P Yay, Trekkie Monster! hahaha....
So much stuff to remember, but ah I wouldn't want to ruin the musical for you :P But it was well worth the money haha. Though, I seriously wouldn't have minded getting the $20 seats 'cause the acting and the puppets were so animated that you could probably still see everything from the top of the balcony.
During intermission, Brian brought out his laptop to show us an anime, Katanagatari. I don't think I've ever watched an anime that drew people like that haha. For some reason, the eyes reminded me of "Johnny Bravo" :P
After the musical, we went to go eat at Johnny Rockets. First time I've ever eaten there. Good food. Though, I had a little trouble with the chili dog XP Had never eaten a hot dog with a knife and fork before. But I couldn't pick it up, so I had no choice.
So we ate and talked. Anthony and Patricia were talkative. Brian kept getting interrupted haha. He must assert himself! :P Anyway, we mostly talked about school. Sports, clubs, and other activities. I do none of that, so I contributed very little. But I suppose I might try to do something this next semester -shrug- We'll see. I don't commit to things though, you know? Or I never try to.
After the food, we walked back to my car first. Along the way, we talked about anime, Fanime/AX, and cosplaying. Fun stuff.
Mm, yeah. That was pretty much the highlight of my day :P Or week, really. Especially 'cause everyone else who was supposed to go watch "Avenue Q" with me couldn't go anymore after the $20 tickets were gone T-T
Now, I'm gonna go look at showtimes for "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" because Brian and his friends invited me to go watch tomorrow. I don't know if I will because I already feel bad for spending $46 on the musical XP Not sure Mother would let me go out tomorrow after today. But I'll try anyway. Who knows what will happen.
Oh yeah, Maggie, if you watch "Avenue Q," lemme know and we can laugh about it together :D
Maggie called me when I was at Johnny Rockets to ask about the tickets for the musical. I didn't know much, so I had to ask the others about it all. Something about showing up an hour early for Student Rush.
Mm, I'm really tired now. I think I'm gonna find something to drink, look for showtimes if any, read, and then sleep. Yep. Good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
POO! I ended up not going just because it was still so expensive ):
ReplyDeleteI know the songs already, but I really wanted to go watch.
I looove the internet is for porn, and if you were gay HAHAH. (: