Today, I went to the movies at Oakridge with Ayana and her two sisters. The sisters watched "Leap Year," while Ayana and I watched "The Spy Next Door." Not the movie I wanted to watch. However, I knew Ayana wouldn't want to watch "Daybreaker" haha XP I still remember when she and Olivia walked out of "Van Helsing" after twenty minutes :P
Mm, so the theater was packed with little kids @_@ I didn't think it would be that packed. Ayana and I had to sit down in the front. That's the third time I've had to sit that close to the screen. I still remember the first time was to watch "Inspector Gadget" and the second to watch "Ratatouille." Hm, always lil kiddie movies.
Anyway, I give TSND a 6/10 because, while I did have my laughs and the fight scenes were entertaining as always, the movie was overly corny and cliche. I could barely stand it XP Though, Nora, the youngest child, was totally adorable. Even if I don't really like kids and the little actress wasn't that good :P haha.
The actress who played the mom wasn't all that good either. Eh, I don't know why I'm dissecting a PG movie haha. Anyway, all I could really think about when I saw her on the screen was that she's the same actress from "Gamer" and "Premonition."
Hm, throughout the movie, all Ayana could really say was that Lucas Till was hott. I agreed. He really does look good :D And his fight scenes were pretty cool (the use of the chair was pretty cool). But his Russian accent bothered me.
Actually, all of the faux Russian accents were irksome. I know they were probably supposed to be funny, but they weren't to me. Maybe I'm just not that into the goofy villains anymore. I mean, I laughed, but eh -shrug-
Really though, I enjoyed the movie. Got me to laugh. I just don't want all these new kiddie movies to be so predictable :/ Maybe I'm just wanting too much out of a movie.
Anyway, you know I just realized how much parkour there is in Jackie Chan's movies :D That's just awesome. Amazing skills, even if he has to redo the scenes. Hey, at least he does pretty much all of his own stunts, having broken so many different bones in his career several times.
So after the movie, Ayana and I went to Target to meet up with her sisters in the DVD section. The three of them spent a while debating which Disney DVDs to purchase haha. Wow, really. So typical of Ayana. She's rebuilding her Disney collection. She settled on "Hannah Montana the Movie" and "High School Musical 3" haha. She also bought "Eagle Eye." That one surprised me. I didn't know she watched anything that wasn't G or PG haha.
Anyway, it was good to see her again. It feels like it's been a year since I last saw her. Her hair's hella short now. Well, shorter than I've ever seen. It's because she didn't take control of the situation with her hairstylist :P hahaha. You shouldn't have that much faith in people haha.
Mm, so I didn't go with Brian L and his friends to watch Imaginarium. All 'cause I didn't want to go to Milpitas. Nor did Mother want me to either. D is borrowing the Avalon. So the Cressida is parked in front of the house. But I can't drive it because Mother doesn't trust that car. Especially in the rain -shrug- Not like I'm really gonna go anywhere.
And ahhh, school starts next Tuesday :O I can't wait. I don't like being stuck at home. I just hope I don't stress way the fuck out this semester, especially after such an easy Fall semester. Ah, and I'll seriously be on campus all day four days a week. Should figure out what I'll do during my five-hour break on Mondays and Wednesdays. Maybe add a class. Maybe just partake in a class for fun. And I'll be on campus early on Tuesdays and Thursdays as well, even if I don't have classes then. I'll probably stay in the library or find people to provide me with shelter for a few morning hours haha. We'll see how that all works out.
It also seems that I won't be able to make the VSA meetings this semester. Again, grr. I might not even make it to QTIP meetings D: 'cause my class ends at 17h45 and is across campus from the BB Building (I'd be able to show up for maybe the last half of the meetings). I should work out the bike thing. See if Mother won't kill me for that idea. Still need to go buy a bike lock and lights -_- I haven't been taking the initiative to go buy things.
I don't know if I'll make the Q&A meetings because we haven't decided on meeting times yet. Hmph.
Oh, so I've started a "To Read" list today (to accompany my "To Watch" and "To Listen" lists). I've put down all the suggestions people have given me before (that I could remember): Brave New World, His Dark Materials, LOTR, Man's Search for Meaning. I don't have that many yet. But eventually, the list shall grow, just like the others did. Still trying to up my bookworm level haha.
Hmm, I wonder how my last week of break will go. Smoothly, yes? Yes! Though, I have a feeling I'm forgetting something about this week :/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment