Friday, October 2, 2009

My first hockey injury?

So I'm getting a little better at skating. Not much better, but there's progress.

Mike (instructor) talked to me a bit. Asked me how I was doing. I asked him if there was any way to avoid putting pressure on my left leg. He said no. He's got a knee problem too, but he deals with it. It's why he doesn't play anymore. Teaches instead.

Anyway, I guess I'm trying a lot harder now. Err well, I fall harder. I tried to pass a puck. I can't really stay in place for long. That's something to work on. I can pass pretty well, but I need to work on my stance. When I passed the puck the third or fourth time, I fell onto my side. Landed on my left elbow. Painful.

Now, my elbow won't stop hurting. I can't push with my left arm. Hurts too much :/ Guess this means I can't do push-ups for a while. I hope I didn't fracture something. I've never fractured or broken anything, and I don't want to start either.

My left side is just weak. Keeps getting injured. Whatever.

So the class will start scrimmaging in a few weeks. If I can't skate decently by then, I'll have to sit out :/ That won't be fun. So wish me luck with skating.

I can go forward. I still have a tiny bit of trouble lifting my left leg. But I don't need to grab for the wall as often as I used to. I can cross the ice, following the lines.


Anyway, I'm going to nap, watch a movie, or do homework. I'm tired, but I still have a lot of work to do. Ah, I need to stop stalling.

No comments:

Post a Comment