That is what Disney movies are. At least the oldies :P Claudia, Harrison, and I had a whole conversation about that. And other, morbid topics :P
Anyway, we went to Eastridge. Watched "Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant" and "Paranormal Activity."
Cirque was entertaining. It was better than I thought it would be. I'm not expecting much out of vampire movies or really any movie, especially those based on books. And I always expect to not really like John C Reilly's movies. I don't know why. But at least I was pleasantly surprised this time. Never seen him outside of a completely comedic role. Should watch his serious movies.
And I didn't know Josh Hutcherson was gonna be in the movie. Wow. I was distracted by his deep voice. I didn't know he hit puberty already haha. I'm so used to his young-ness from like "Bridge to Terabithia" and "Zathura."
Anyway, Mr Tiny creeped me out haha. I didn't know if that was how the actor looked in real life or not. But apparently not.
And I knew Evra looked like Patrick Fugit. I knew it!
And Salma Hayek. Hot as always. Funny what happens when she gets turned on hahaha.
Hm, I feel like the movie moved too fast. According to Claudia, they're fitting three books into one movie because the book series is twelve books long.
The ending had no closure, obviously leading to a sequel. That's fine, but it's not "American." We Americans sure love our closure. haha jk. The movie just felt rushed, cramped.
Overall, the movie was fun and amusing, lots of laughs. I'll probably watch the other two movies when they come out.
Paranormal, on the other hand, was quite interesting. I was expecting something really terrifying, like it would haunt my nightmares for the next two weeks. That's how many of my friends depicted the film, imo. Of course, a few people said it wasn't scary. But I gave the movie the benefit of a doubt when I walked into the theatre.
Before we went into the theatre, the people who left the showing before ours seemed to be very fascinated and impressed by the movie. I was hopeful.
So there was a total of four actors and actresses in the entire movie. Amazing. The acting was convincing. The effects were amateur, cliché, but still pretty awesome. The movie went along a bit slow (I found myself yawning a few times), but the plot was wonderful (though not too original).
Overall, a decent movie. Not the best, not the scariest. I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't WOWed either. I wasn't surprised by anything. At the most, I twitched a little when Katie was pulled out of her bed. Everything else that happened in the movie, I was already guessing. Some of my guesses were just ill-timed.
Despite not scaring my pants off, the movie did impress me. It took a slightly different approach to the horror genre. Many scary movies now just try to hit you with fierce horror from beginning to end. Paranormal, however, builds up the horror. At first, it's really small things that a normal person might notice. For example, a bump in the night. The entity slowly builds up its aggression and whatnot.
What the movie could have done better was build up the horror even more. Though, I don't know how it could. I mean, I can think of a few things to add in, but there's not much you can do with a house.
I don't know. The movie strays from the typical horrors, but it somehow still stays within the lines.
It could just be me, but I feel like I was the only one who wasn't terrified at all in the theatre. I'm only slightly disappointed by that. But it's ok. The movie made me think. Because I know it's a movie, I'm not scared. But if simple shit like that happened to me in real life, I would be freaked out too.
Also, the reason I say I was the only one not terrified is everyone else in the theatre screamed or laughed nervously. I didn't scream or cringe. I only laughed when people screamed. Claudia didn't scream either, but she did gasp a few times haha. Harrison, big man he is, screamed. Twice.
All in all, such a fun day haha. More movies please. Preferably for free haha. I don't have much money to spend XP Hmm, maybe a horror marathon on Halloween :D Anyone up for it? I know Harrison and Claudia would be. Just need a place and movies. And more people.
Anyway, Claudia went home first. I gave Harrison a ride, so I drove him home. But not before we stopped by Taco Bell. Interesting conversations in the car. But I shall not state them here because I do not know if he would mind. And he might possibly be reading this. If so: Hi, Harrison :P
Ah, sleep now. Well, maybe an ice cream first. Then sleep. Then school. Fun stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment